CRP to Standalone data

rekblad

Well Known Member
I would like to move data from the CRP environment (Oracle & NT with Citrix) onto my PC (win 2000, Xe standalone). Is there a way to download the Item Master & Br/Plt records (for example) from the CRP environment to my PC?

Thanks,
Rob

Hi,

I did something similar. Here it is what (roughly) I did:

1.- Create a new Access file to allocate the business tables. The reasons for this is because of access files (at least for Office 97) can't deal with files greaters than 1 GB. It is supposed you will download a great amount of data. Further, I had to download non-business data tables, so space requirement was bigger than 1 GB.
2.- In order to populate the new access data file with business data I used R98403. So, I create a new database data source in OneWorld and ran R98403 with data load set to load production data against this data source.
3.- Then I copied the business data tables of my interest (basicaly master tables).
4.- Control tables were also copied
5.- The new access file was placed in the data directory, under standalone path code (demo).
6.- A new database data source pointing to the new file was created in the standalone
7.- Default table OCM mapping were changed, pointing to the new database data source.

Ok, this was the option I choosed. Obviously there are multiple ways to implement it. However, it's sure you must handmake copy operations to local access data files from normal OneWorld installation to standalone.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Imaginos
Technical Consultant
B733, B7331, B7332, Xe. AS/400, RS6000, Intel. Oracle, SQL/Server, DB2/400

Back