Graphics printing using BarTender and Create!Form

J Thomas

J Thomas

I am able to use BarTender and print to a file. I can also take that file over to CreateForm, map the variables and get a label to print.

The problem is when I add graphics using the BarTender tool bar icon (Like my logo), printing to a text file then adds a ton of code that Create!Form Transform doesn't seem to be able to understand. I assume that BarTender is trying to draw my logo but can't figure out how to get CreateForm to understand that. Any ideas?

EnterpriseOne 8.12/Tools 8.97/Oracle Database

Can you try not using Bar Tender for the logo, and insert it within Create!form instead?

When you print your label directly from Bartender to your label printer does the logo print?

What version of Ctransform are you using? What version of Bartender? What type of label printer?

What type of logo/image file are you adding in Bartender? Maybe it's the logo that you're adding that's causing "a ton of code" to be added.

What does Ctransform do that makes you say "Transform doesn't seem to be able to understand"?

Karen.

Re: Graphics printing using BarTender and Create!Form Transform

I am using Bartender v. 8.0, CF Transform v. 6.3 on a Datamax I-4208. The logo prints just fine if I sent the file to this printer directly from Bartender.

The logo is a 19 KB jpg file. I have attached a text file that has "a ton of code" so you can see what I mean.

Attachments

• 145509-logoadded.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 103

Good... you've confirmed that Bartender and your printer can print the graphic. Does Bottomline say that printing graphics on Bartender labels is supported when Ctransform is in the mix?

- If yes does Cform v6.3 support it? (I think the current release version is v6.4 maybe that version has a fix that makes graphics work.)

- If Cform v6.3 should be capable to printing the graphics on the Bartender label are there specific settings (in Bartender) that you need to use? Specific settings so that when you print the label to FILE from Bartender the resulting "Bartender" code comes out in a way that Ctransform can use.

- If they say that's not supported you've got your answer as to why it doesn't work. Maybe someone else on the board has figured out how to make it work.

Hope this helps -

Karen.

I checked with BottomLine and CFTransform 6.3 does not support what I was trying to do. Here is the reply from bottomline for this issue. Thanks to Karen for all her help.

>>>From Bottomline-

We don’t presently support printing logos with the BarTender/Transform integration. You would need to implement Commander. I’ve asked a member of the Professional Services team to contact you in regards to this implementation.

Jeff Aizley
Technical Analyst - 2nd Level Create!form Support
Bottomline Technologies
Phone: (800) 839-9029
Fax: (603) 501-6951

Back