Can Payroll Check and W2 be run to BI Publisher Phase 2

tomw

We currently output our payroll checks and W2's to a CVS then import it to a third party application to print. Since there is maintenance fee's associated with this software it this is something we are looking to get rid of and replace with BI Publisher. Oracle says the only way to submit anything to BI Publisher is through the P95620 application making these impossible to run via BIP.

Does anyone have Payroll check or W2's working in BI Publisher from their respective workbench application?

[ QUOTE ]
Oracle says the only way to submit anything to BI Publisher is through the P95620 application

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? That is a false statement. We're running AP checks through standard JDE 8.11 SP1 and users never see P95620. Set the version to print immediate and enable BI Publisher output for the payroll check and W2 UBE should be a piece of cake. It was for AP checks.

Thanks,

Help from Oracle is very shaky regarding BI Publisher.

Thanks for the input

Does anyone know if there is already a W2 template available for BI Publisher Phase 2?

============================================================
Installation: E1 8.12 Update 3; TR: 8.97.1.1;
Tools Baseline: JK14530 Planner: JK16198;
PD EntSrvr=Win2k3R2 DtaCntrEd SP1
DV & PY EntSrvr2=Win2k3R2 EnterpriseEd SP2
DBSrvr=Win2k3R2 DtacntrEd SP1, MS Sql2005 SP2
JASrvr=(2x)Win2k3R2 StdEd SP2, WAS6.0.2.21
------------------------------------------------------------
Vertex: Payroll Tax Q Series: v2.9.2 update: 0908
Sales & Use Tax Q Series: v3.2 update # 303.01
UPK: v3.1.6 (multi-user)

I had excellent support from them during our migration - we signed up for the early migration program and they came through for me every time. You're probably not hitting up the right people when you call, which is no fault of your own.

The template is fairly easy to make provided you have Adobe Acrobat Pro. The challenge is getting useful xmltags out of the standard R07883. Not very XML friendly.

Yes, I've got Adobe Acrobat Pro. Do you use a PDF W2 form downloaded from the IRS?

Installation: E1 8.12 Update 3; TR: 8.97.1.1;
Tools Baseline: JK14530 Planner: JK16198;
PD EntSrvr=Win2k3R2 DtaCntrEd SP1
DV & PY EntSrvr2=Win2k3R2 EnterpriseEd SP2
DBSrvr=Win2k3R2 DtacntrEd SP1, MS Sql2005 SP2
JASrvr=(2x)Win2k3R2 StdEd SP2, WAS6.0.2.21
------------------------------------------------------------
Vertex: Payroll Tax Q Series: v2.9.2 update: 0908
Sales & Use Tax Q Series: v3.2 update # 303.01
UPK: v3.1.6 (multi-user)

I gave up on this in fact I think we are turning away from PI Publisher totally.
mad.gif

Back