BI Publisher outputs

ArturoGuiu

ArturoGuiu

Well Known Member
Hello,

Does anyone know if it's possible that the PDF output of XML Publisher could be save automatically in an specific folder into the server? We would like to prepare something like a document archiving, save the BI Publisher output in a folder and save some information in a JDE file and after that we could search these saved documents.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

ok, thanks... and you know if to send the information to a ftp folder... it must be a fix address or could be variable?

Did you find out how to get it to save to folders? - even we are trying to do the samething.

I have been able to send emails , to printers and use data driven emails as well but when emails are sent they have this weird subj and body attached so we want to send it to a folder instead.

any help will be appreciated.

thanks
sheeba

You can use the Bursting functionality to save output of the report to a ftp location or email.

Narasimha

You can output BI output to PDF(i know of JDE not sure for others) provided you need a full version of PDF with document creator to do it.

Chan

yep - i know we can use bursting to send to email and printer - but how do send it to ftp location - there is no option for it in P95620? - have you done this - how?

any help appreciated
thanks
sheeba

and... when I save those files, can I rename any files saved in this ftp folder???

can I change dinamically the name of any file?

tks a lot
AS

BI Publisher reports produced by EnterpriseOne cannot be delivered to anything other than email and printer. The final output is stored in database tables.

Note this limitation does not apply to BI Publisher standalone that's supported with tools release 8.98.

I believe there is an enhancement SAR that will allow saving the final report output to a folder, but I doubt it will support ftp.

-jjo

Hi,

I have used bursting feature of BI Publisher to send out emails but was wondering if there is a way to deliver output to multiple printers using the burst feature. We use JDE 9.0

Requirement: Send different orders on the output file to multiple printers based on printer name for each order.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Hi,

Last version of webtools let you to save output PDF to a folder in the enterprise server. We are working on it to know what we can do with that so I couldn't give you more information about that for the moment. When I have more information I'll tell you.

Hi ,

BI Publisher has a option to archive your outputs to a specified folder

The details for this is available under section 6.6 Archiving BI Publisher Report Output in the document BI Publisher for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Guide Release 8.98 Update 4 E14692-04 .

Regards ,
Anish S

yes it is possible to save the PDF output of XML Publisher automatically in an specific folder into the server, by modifing the following property of JDE.INI server file:

[UBE]

BipSaveOutputOnFs=1 (To archive the BI output)

BipOutputDirectory= (Hard coded path of folder to save the output file)

[ QUOTE ]
Hello,

Does anyone know if it's possible that the PDF output of XML Publisher could be save automatically in an specific folder into the server? We would like to prepare something like a document archiving, save the BI Publisher output in a folder and save some information in a JDE file and after that we could search these saved documents.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks

Dhaval

Hi,

I have used bursting feature of BI Publisher to send out emails but was wondering if there is a way to deliver output to multiple printers using the burst feature. We use JDE 9.0

Requirement: Send different orders on the output file to multiple printers based on printer name for each order.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks!

I have done Archiving in BI using the standard Archiving application (P95641-Report Definition Archive Paths) . We can specify the server and the Location the file need to be saved . I had to do some custom functionality to maintain this data and access the Archive . But yes its possible.

BI File Regeneration

Hi ,
I am working on BI Publisher Archive . Currently documents are archive successfully . But we missed few PDF's in the past due to some setup issues in Archive . These documents can be open through 'View PDF' from print queue.
My question is , is there any know solution to generate BI Publisher outputs one shot for various Jobs (say like 300 Jobs) and save those files .I have like 14000 PDF's missing . Its not possible to print them one by one . Hence , looking for a solution .

Thanks .

Back