Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher (BI Publisher, formerly XML Publisher)

Eric Lehti

VIP Member
See http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/xml-publisher/index.html

Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher (BI Publisher, formerly XML Publisher) is an enterprise reporting solution to author, manage, and deliver all types of highly formatted documents eliminating the need for costly point solutions. Built on open standards, IT staff and developers can create data models against practically any data source and use BI Publisher APIs to build custom applications leveraging existing data sources and infrastructure. End users can easily design report layouts using familiar desktop tools, dramatically reducing the time and cost needed to develop and maintain reports. Extremely efficient and highly scalable, BI Publisher can generate tens of thousands of documents per hour with minimal impact to transactional systems. Reports can be viewed online or scheduled for delivery to a wide range of destinations

Its my understanding that, yes, it is included as part of the Red Stack if you're at 8.11 part deux or higher (assuming appropriate tools release level also).

Of course its not free - you pay for it in the bundled price of the red stack
tongue.gif

Hi All,

I have been repeatedly bugged by the question whether BI Publisher Enterprise is "free" with Tools Release 8.98, to an extent where doubts are taking over.

There are some features are not clearly specified whether it is for BI Publisher Enterprise or the Embedded BI Publisher. In addition, there are also other Embedded BI Publisher that are intergrated with other products, such as E-Business Suite. I cannot find one documentation that draws the line clear or indicate that BI Publisher Enterprise Edition has to be purchased separately on top of the standard 8.98 Tools Release.

The JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 8.98 BI Publisher for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Guide indicates that EnterpriseOne 8.98 Tools Release comes with be Embedded BI Publisher and supports Interactive BI Publisher reporting.

JD Edwards EnterpriseOne provides two BI Publisher reporting options:

Embedded BI Publisher reporting - Uses JD Edwards EnterpriseOne toolset to create reports. Embedded BI Publisher reports use data that is generated by JD Edwards EnterpriseOne batch applications.

Interactive BI Publisher reporting - Uses Oracle BI Publisher Enterprise to create interactive reports.

The embedded BI publisher come "free" with tools release 8.98, and tools release 8.98 supports Interactive reporting. BUT the fact that Oracle BI Publisher Enterprise is supported in 8.98 does not mean BIP Enterprise is free!

Please forgive me if this is something very obvious, as doubts are in dominance..

Does it mean BSSV also not free? Or we have to pay for the BSSV Server.

Back