Create!Forms to XML Publisher

e1venky

e1venky

Hi Have you heard of any customer success stories migrating from Create!Forms to XML Publisher. Can I make use of the formprojects & templates in XML Publisher? Any tools to migrate them? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Venky

My question is why would you consider changing. If you have all the forms created and working why go through the re-engineering of the forms. I don't know of any migration tools but I was just at a Northeast User Group for JD Edwards and the presenter from Oracle actually said that if you have major developemnt in Create!Form there is no reason he could give in switching. I have been developing for BI Publisher and I can tell you the the email functionality is lacking. The subject line is not descriptive and most likely to be caught by any spam blocker. In our case we were looking to use the bursting function to email our invoices to our customers. The busrting functionality works great but the email subject line that accompanies the PDF reads "EnterpriseOne Report Definition Output" on ALL the XML Publisher output. This issue is not going to be fixed until tools release 9.0.
In addition I have an issue with the body of the email is an attachment that Metalink3 says is an issue with Outlook 2007 but they cannot confirm that because they do not have Outlook 2007 running.

Now I am ranting but the long and the short of it is if you any monies commited to Create!form then there is no good reason to switch.

Back