Multi Page Invoice Print in XML Publisher

Nikhil

Hi,

Did any one tried to print multiple invoices (R42565) using XML publisher in E812. I am facing issue in page break. Page should break for every invoice number. (see the attached XML for 2 orders).
Other question - I want to print all contents into Block Letter (Caps Letter) even if the UBE returns small letters.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Nikhil

I got the solution and able the break pages on every Invoice number changes. (One has to write code to break the page in XML)
Also able to translate the invoice in German.
There are still many open questions. Since this forum is very slow due to implementation of BI-Publisher. I request every one to post every small things related to "BI-pub" in this forum.

Regards,
Nikhil

Hi all,

I'm very New to BI Publisher.
But I still want to share some of the things I have come across.

I've been working on a Custom invoice, but due to my lack of knowledge of XML I couldn't really get it to work correctly.

Never the less I'll post my RTF templates, hoping it will be Usefull for all.

Resave the Doc file as RTF and you can use it as you see fit.

This Template is based on a Tutorial of Tim Dexter.
It includes:
How to use the Word Header section to print Variables.
How to generate fixed numbers of lines per page.

I hope this will be helpfull for you.

kind regards,
David Terborg
E1 Developer

Attachments

• 143247-Inv_PageTot_LastPage.doc
    96.5 KB · Views: 528
Your invoice is missing the "for each" attribute (is this what will not work correctly?). This will allow you to print invoices for multiple customers. I would recommend the "Oracle XML Publisher Core Components Guide" which is on the Oracle website...

Hi Robert,

The for each is coded in variables, which you can see like "F".

The problem that i couldn't get around of was the fact that the XML elements were kind weirdly structured.
For example. I can create a a group by per invoice, no problem. I could get it to group by detail lines, also no problem.
But the weird thing was that the detail lines were "child" to te subtotals.
And I cound find any direct link between the subtotal lines and the detail lines.
See the attched XML file.
Just remove the ".jpg" to see the XML.

ps: my sincere apologies for my delayed reply.

kind regards,
David Terborg

Hi,

Can someone help me out in printing multiple copies of the same invoice through xml publisher where in for every second and third page of the invoice i need to print "COPY" watermark accordingly.

Regards,
Chandu

Back