UBE submitted to XML Pub ends in Error

e1venky

e1venky

Hi Guys,

I created a XML Publisher object attached it to a report definition & submitted the same to XML publisher using Batch Versions. The UBE always ends in error. Here is the log. Any clues?

2532/2740 MAIN_THREAD Tue Oct 21 13:28:08.578003 zdrv.cpp373
Creating XML Session

2532/2740 MAIN_THREAD Tue Oct 21 13:28:13.765000 XMLRequest.cpp1264
ICU0000017 - ICU CodePage for 1252 is ibm-1252.

2532/2740 MAIN_THREAD Tue Oct 21 13:28:14.796000 jdepref.c208
GetRecipientPreferences :No email address found for contact, assuming workcenter email an8<1806> idln<0>

2532/2740 MAIN_THREAD Tue Oct 21 13:28:14.796001 jdepref.c208
GetRecipientPreferences :No email address found for contact, assuming workcenter email an8<1806> idln<0>

2532/2740 MAIN_THREAD Tue Oct 21 13:28:16.046000 Jdeknube.c2868
KNT0000XXX - JDENET_ReceiveMsg failed. Error = 3

2532/2740 MAIN_THREAD Tue Oct 21 13:28:16.046001 ntexhnd.cpp101
Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Venky

Need more information:
Have other BI Publisher reports worked? If not, have you validated the BIP setup?

Does the UBE process successfully when run outside of BIP?

Robert,

We hav plans to move to XML Publisher. This is the first time I am trying XML Publisher. All the UBE's are running successfuly if not submitted to XML. Find below what I have done so far.

1. In 8.12 8.97.1.1 we have installed update 3, build a package & deployed it.
2. Using P95460 - Enabled the enhancement XML Publisher
3. Created a XML Publisher Object
4. Attached it to a Report Definition
5. Submitted the UBE to XML & it ends in error.

Can you pass the steps to validate my BIP setup?

Thanks
Venky

Venky,

Did you try to submit in web client. If you are submitting in Fat client it will end in error.

let me know

Regd,
Nikhil

That is partially correct. When testing a BIP document, you CAN run the UBE against a FAT client; however, it must be run against local specs (been there, run that against the web...was not pretty. Ran it locally, it was good).

I have attached a copy of the validation process (from Solution 201065431 – '“Validating XMLP Phase 2 with 8.97 has been successfully applied” PeopleSoft Knowledge Garden, April 2008'). If the problem persists, dial up Oracle support. Pedro Nunura (author of the validation) and James Owens are very good with all issues BIP (I know: I worked to the point where they likely would not want to hear from me again!)

...one more file to go...this one would not save the first time because it is in rich text format, and this upload does not accept that type. As a result, I saved the file as a Word document. If you want to use this to validate your BIP, download it, save it as an rtf file, then follow Pedro's instructions.

[ QUOTE ]
Robert,

We hav plans to move to XML Publisher. This is the first time I am trying XML Publisher. All the UBE's are running successfuly if not submitted to XML. Find below what I have done so far.

1. In 8.12 8.97.1.1 we have installed update 3, build a package & deployed it.
2. Using P95460 - Enabled the enhancement XML Publisher
3. Created a XML Publisher Object
4. Attached it to a Report Definition
5. Submitted the UBE to XML & it ends in error.

Can you pass the steps to validate my BIP setup?

Thanks
Venky

[/ QUOTE ]

One other thought...did you apply the special instructions related to 8.97? If so, how? There was a process to "auto load" the OCM mappings; in our case, that "auto" process failed, and the OCM mappings were not populated correctly. We then had to complete these mappings manually.

I have included another attachment (no, not ANOTHER one) which is an excerpt from my documentation on BIP. This excerpt covers the tables which must have System and Server OCM mappings.

Nikhil I tried in web and still i am facing the same issue.

Robert thanks for the validation steps. I am still working on the validation steps. In the mean time do we have any documents relating to the IMPLEMENTATION STEPS for the XML Publisher Enterprise Edition in Oracle Website?

Venky

Hi People,

Any Solution for that?, I have the same problem.

e1venky: The values in the UDC H95 are completed?.

hello robert, i have an issue with BI Pub on JDE,when i preview the RTF locally, it gives me the output but on JDE output i get an error message.

PS: I got the same error for another RTF, i had to changed the codes to make it work. But this one is difficult to change. How can i make it work on JDE? Please help me on this issue.
Thank you very much.

Back