BI Publisher with Smart Field UBE

Robert Robinson

Robert Robinson

Reputable Poster
Has anyone seen a report type that does not work with BI Publisher? I am wondering about UBEs with Smart Fields.

I have created a 3 column tabular UBE which uses Smart Fields. When I kicked out the related XML data, I see that the ID number is the same for each data element (the 3 columns are: Description, QTD and YTD. Description uses “_ID1”, QTD uses “_ID188” and YTD uses “_ID9” names for every element in every line of data in the report. As a result, BIP cannot separate the individual lines of data, and instead only displays the first instance of the “_ID1” “_ID188” and “_ID9” elements that it encounters).

Has anyone tried creating BIP templates with UBEs that use Smart Fields? If you have made it work, how did you do it?

Robert-
Have you been successful yet in getting BI Publisher to work with a Smart Field UBE? I am running into a simialr situation where the xml data output is not separated into the xml tags like it should be. If you've gotten any answer on this topic, I'd love to hear it. Thanks.

Back