To Print Checks on different Printer trays

sheeba

Reputable Poster
Hello all,

I just got back to using BI Publisher in JDE after a break from it for sometime.

Started on creating AP Checks:

I got it to print the AP checks just as we want on to the printer. But the next thing I want to try is for it to print the first page on tray1 and the following pages on tray2. We will burst the check print by check no.

The template is an rtf. And I changed the page setup on the rtf , print tab to print page 1 to tray1 and other pages to tray2. But when I run it via BI Publisher all pages print via tray1

How can we have this work as required? I have also created a support call with Oracle regarding this issue.

thanks
sheeba

Hi, We have done the cheque printing using attachment (R04573) if invoice lines are more than 15 so that the cheque (R04572SG) will always have one page. That way you can setup in versions to point them to different printers.

Hi,

is there still no solution for this question? were facing the same problem but not regarding checks.

We want the firts page from our print from tray one and the rest from tray 2

We always accomplished this by setting it in the printer driver, but this is overruled now since we have to use ps drivers because of JDE.

Any suggestion is more than welcome

Regards Sieb

I haven't tried this myself but this is the place where I would start...

Open up the template in Word. From File/Print, select the target print but don't print the template - click Cancel. You're doing this to grab the printer setup, i.e. which paper trays are available.

After that, go to File/Page Setup (screenshot attached) and select the Paper tab. That's where you define the paper size and source. I'm theorizing that since setting the paper size there works with BIPublisher (that one I have used before), maybe the paper source settings will also work. Note that the source options depend on target printer - that is why you have to do the steps above to pick up the printer setup.

Again, this is just a theory so if you decide to give this a try, posting your results will help others later.

Attachments

• 163091-2010-10-12 15-39-33.png
    163091-2010-10-12 15-39-33.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 174
Follow article ID 1333791.1 to first ensure multiple trays are working. Setup JDE printer definition to allow multiple paper source (which is trays). After this create multiple templates for the BI output (one template each containing data to print on one tray). Now create a NER to call the print functions (B95620C) passing in the correct output tray parameter for each template, when user clicks on "print" in the WSJ screen. Each BI template will print on a different tray that you specify in the B95620C function call.

Back