Information about Scheduler Application: P91300

WorldJDE

WorldJDE

Well Known Member
Hello List,

I am not a regular CNC person but a developer. I would like to have some knowledge about schedulers.
I know jobs in schedulers run without user interaction. What
I want to know is that:

1. If a Job is scheduled to run at a particular time and I want to change its DS before it runs, can it be done?
2. Does it take the same DS that is set at the version of the scheduled job?
3. If that job takes a lot of time to process and because of it other scheduled jobs get delayed and the queue is neck to neck, then what can be possible steps to monitor its functioning?

I don't know my post makes a sense or not, but still looking forward for positive replies.

Release- XE:B7333

Thanks in advance
Regards

WorldJDE,

I can answer the first 2 questions, but the third is a little outside my "expertise."

When running a UBE version from BV and changing the DS, the version will run with that DS, but the DS is not actually saved. If you run the same version again, the original DS will be there. To change the DS permanently you need to use OMW. I can't remember if this change needs to be deployed or not. You may be able to submit specs only (via BV to the server where the Scheduler submits the UBE) from the fat client on which you changed the DS. PO is different. Most users have Scheduler versions that user do not have access to.

So in answer to your questions:

[ QUOTE ]
1. If a Job is scheduled to run at a particular time and I want to change its DS before it runs, can it be done?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, as described above, but most likely it would not be very practical.

[ QUOTE ]
2. Does it take the same DS that is set at the version of the scheduled job?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, as described above.

I hope that helps.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the answer. I'm looking forward to answer in my 3rd question...

Thanks & Regards
W

As far as I can tell all the scheduler does is time when things get submitted to the ordinary queues. After that they run as normal. So if a job is submitted and takes a long time to complete it won't stop the scheduler submitting other jobs. The queues wil just queue the other jobs up in the same way they will with jobs users submit. Indeed if the queues stop processing because they fall over the scheduler will just keep queueing jobs up waiting for them to come back.

As to monitoring what's happening with a long running job, you're into the same territory as with any long running job. You can look at the log file for the job. You can look at what the database is doing in the background and what you get from that depends on your database/tools/dba.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Wain,

It is not stopping other jobs to run but they queue up in waiting status, these jobs in one batch are yet to run when another batch is ready to be launched. Which makes jam in the queue. They process after this long processing queue takes its long time to process.

Thanks for the information.
Regards.

Back