JDBC drivers

EONECNC

Well Known Member
Installing JDE 8.12/SQL server 2005/Windows 2003. I have downloaded JDBC drivers for SQL server 2005. Can anyone tell me how to install JDBC driver 2005 on deployment server ? Is the installation procedure same as installing JDBC drivers for SQL server 2000 (i.e copying 3 jar files) ? I am referring 8.12_install_win_sql.pdf for the installation (downloaded on 09 september 08). But there is no reference to SQL server 2005. Is there any upgraded document. please help

The reference to install the JDBC driver is for later use with web development fat clients, so it's not really necessary during your initial install.

When it comes time for that, the relevant instructions can be found in the web development client installation manual. In short, the SQL Server 2005 JDBC driver is only 1 file (sqljdbc.jar), and after you extract/install it, you will copy the file to the same location mentioned in the manual. There will be no need to install the SQL Server 2000 JAR files, as the SQL 2005 JAR file can handle connections to any SQL 2000 level database (like the local MSDE ones).

Back