How to format R42520 Pick Slips with header messages only on 1st page.

KSwaeby

KSwaeby

Reputable Poster
I am working on a project for Pick Slip (R42520), the UBE is original JDE (unmodified). The project requirements are as follows;
- Full header 1st page only.
- Repagination with Sets enabled.
- Short header page on continuation pages (2nd page to final total).
- Header messages print only on 1st page before detail lines print.
- Join detail sections broken across pages when repaginating.

The difficulty I am having is that the JDE PDF has full headers on every page and the header messages are occurring in their own section which is a repeating section (one occurrence per message line).
- If I put the Header Message section in the Set Header as source I only get the first occurrence.
- When I leave the section alone (so I don’t loose the occurrences) then it repaginates as if it’s part of the detail lines and I get header messages mixed in with my detail lines.

The sections in the JDE PDF (that I’ve seen occur so far) are;
- Page Header
- Header Custom Section
- Print Media Object (this is where header messages are occurring)
- Print Header Columns
- Pick Slips Detail Lines
- Total Custom Section

I’ve been told that printing header messages is a processing option in the version – it’s either Y or N. Does anyone know (or have ideas for) how to format this type of JDE PDF to get the type of output I’m looking for?

Thanks much -

Karen.

Cform designer v3.2.21.7301
EnterpriseOne 8.12 (NT)

Before this post gets too old I wanted to give a public "Thank You!" to Michael Guerin from TeamCain. He helped me see a different way to get the project formatting the way I needed.

In a nut shell the solution was to use a display condition on the 'Print Media Object' section so that it would only display when the page number = 1.

A simple, elegant solution that gave me exactly what I needed. Thank you Mike!!!

Karen.

Back