installing all servers jde e1 8.12 tools 8.97

chemiqs

hi

We are beginners in JDE installation but we are still working to improve our JD knowledge.

I would like to ask You some questions, which i can’t answer. It`s very important for me cause without them I can`t do anything further with the installation.

I’ve installed New Virtual Machines and Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition. It is a clear installation without any software.
I have manual where the first point was to Install Server Manager.

I've installed server manager but i can't enter to web page like httt://ip:8999/manage. - why??
smile.gif
:)

I repeat i have got clean installation.
Don't I have to have installed some application like web server??

thanks.
regards

adi

usually installing it on the deployment server is a good idea as server manager will play an important role in pushing managed software, what error are you getting when you type in the url, make sure there are no typos. also check if the service is up and running in the windows services

i have this error in the C:\jde_home\logs\smmc_install.log :

(Sep 13, 2008 7:04:00 AM), Install, com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32ProductServiceImpl, msg1, installing Move File (MoveScfManifestFile)

(Sep 13, 2008 7:04:00 AM), Install, com.installshield.product.actions.MoveFile, err, Failed during Execution Component! Look at the log file C:\jde_home\logs\smmc_install.log for details.
(Sep 13, 2008 7:04:00 AM), Install, com.installshield.product.actions.MoveFile, err, ProductException: (error code = 601; message="err"; additional data = [C:\jde_home\components\scf-manifest.xml is not an existing file])
STACK_TRACE: 12

Do You know this error?

regards

adi

Hi,

First, are you installing logged as a local or
domain admin?
Second, I suggest to launch the install directly in
front of the Deployment console, not logged via VNC,
RDP or whatever remote tool you use.
Third, have you checked the pre-requisite list before
installing Server Manager?