Firefox 3 and 8.12 8.97

sashton

sashton

Reputable Poster
Has anyone been able to use Firefox 3 and 8.12 8.97 successfully? There must be a setting somewhere that is blocking the grid from displaying. Firefox 2.x works ok, but when using Firefox 3, anytime an application is launched, you just get the "Opening Application" message, but nothing ever happens.

Just for kicks/grumbles - I tried out Google's CHROME on the 8.12/8.97
standalone....
It logs in, displays the menus... then won't display any applications....
That said, unless google continues its magic - Chrome has lost its' luster
for the E1 community.

www.google.com/chrome

(db)

--

The MTR 8.12-8.97 says:
[ QUOTE ]
The following are known limitations using Firefox 2.0:
Firefox cannot be used as a browser for SameTime and QuickPlace.
OLE and RTF media objects cannot be viewed as embedded objects.
Import and export with Microsoft Excel and Word is not supported.
Other behavioral differences have been observed using Firefox.

[/ QUOTE ]
In other words Firefox 3 is not supported.
grin.gif

Dan,

Interesting. We noticed the same behavior with Chrome. It and Firefox 3 behave the same. I would think it has to be a simple setting somewhere that is causing it.

Once Oracle changes the web interface by removing all of the activex crud - what is likely being referred to as the "swan" interface - then perhaps it will be able to support non Microsoft browsers a lot easier.

As an aside, on a customer with 8.96.2.2 - Firefox 3.0 works, though some of the buttons look a little "odd".

We are currently on TR 8.97.01. Oracle Red Stack on Windows.

Firefox 3.5.7.

Have checked some key functions:
- Opening applications
- Submitting reports
- Viewing/changing PO's
- Change PO's , So's
- Export Grid

No issues so far.

Hi,

As long as you don't depend on the ActiveX stuff (like
Media Object attachments), FF 3.5.7 is running OK with
two of my accounts on 8.97.2.0 and 8.97.2.6

I have checked with 9.0 and TR 8.98.2.2 works like a charm except -
Media objects
Export sometimes hangs.

I know there is a initiative to get rid of the activex functionality soon. Without the media object function FF is only good in a lab or test environment.
Has anyone successfully deployed this in a live environment and are there any known workarounds for the MO in FF?

[ QUOTE ]
I have checked with 9.0 and TR 8.98.2.2 works like a charm except -
Media objects
Export sometimes hangs.

I know there is a initiative to get rid of the activex functionality soon. Without the media object function FF is only good in a lab or test environment.
Has anyone successfully deployed this in a live environment and are there any known workarounds for the MO in FF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Addressed in 8.98.3. I'll have a blog article up soon about this.

We are testing e900 and 8.98.2

I know that 8.98.3 is suppose to fix the media objects issue, but we have several Mac users that are using Firefox, as we do not support Safari internally, nor does Oracle.

Does anyone know of a work around for this? Or, when 8.98.3 will be released? Thanks.

Eric

Back