MTR for Release B9?

vasoov

Hello Folks, I have a client with a JDE version of B9. Can anyone tell me where to look for the MTRs? On KG I can find MTRs for XE, E8.10, 8.11 etc, but nothing for B9.

Hi,

If you are on B9 you can choose the hyperlinks with "EnterpriseOne Tools 8.9x". The MTRs are related to the Toolset Release being used and B9 uses the same Toolset as 8.11 and 8.12.

Kind regards,

Koos

EnterpriseOne 8.12, Tools Release 8.97.1.1, SQL Server 2005, Oracle Application Server 10.1.3.

This is interesting. The "next" version of EnterpriseOne is going to be "EnterpriseOne 9.0" - and I think it will confuse these types of questions.

"B9" was "code" for EnterpriseOne 8.9 and above.

In my opinion, they should call the next product "JD Edwards EnterpriseOne R10"

"B9" was code-name for..."ERP 9".

Before the Oracle acquisition, PeopleSoft had not yet released their "PeopleSoft Enterprise 9.0" product, let alone "8.9".

PeopleSoft Enterprise 8.8 was the order of the day in late 2003. EnterpriseOne 8.9 went GA early September 2003 (five years ago...wow.)

The directive from the PeopleSoft "tools" was to rename the JD Edwards product "PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne 8.9", such that it matched the PeopleSoft naming convention and didn't get a "leg up" on their Enterprise product. Thus, when Enterprise 9.0 shipped, it was "superior" in name and number to EnterpriseOne.

This made sense for both PSFT and JDE, as 8.9 was in between B7334 (8.0) and 9.0 (B9), while fitting right in with the PeopleSoft products.

Your post wonderfully describes why PSFT did not succeed. They did this exactly...and as an employee at the time saw how the main focus was to simply rebrand and negate any focus on E1 at that time.

I agree with all of you...the new E1 release should have been called something better...but it will be E1 9.0.

Back