Q Software

EONECNC

Well Known Member
I need Q software (SEC-Qure™ E1Config) demo version for testing JDE securtiy. is it available on net ? Can u please share any document on "how to use Q software"
regards
WJT

I have never heard of a demo version being available. If you go to QSoftware's web site they have plenty of webinars they do regularly to demonstrat their product. Once you purchase from them they will provide you with the necessary user guides and they are pretty easy to read and understand.

As previous poster mentioned, contact them directly. They are easy to work with, and will set up demonstrations on request. The software is powerful and pretty easy to set up and administer.

Q is very easy to work with. Like the others stated- give them a holler.

Sherri Wynn is on their US Sales Team (and she's a hoot to work with).

Holler at her (336.499.9651 or [email protected]). Tell her that (db) ent you (so she'll buy me a coffee at Collaborate '09).

She talks like a southerner - not with one of those funny UK voices
cool.gif

wjt,
The E1Config/Qsoft applications maybe be somewhat simple(I could Argue Otherwise) but the approach/strategy to a successful implementation using the new tool set should not be underestimated.

The standards and best practice methodologies along with process definitions mindful to long term maintenance need to all be considered…

Individual SOX requirements are also usually project considerations.

Be aware that Qsoftware essentially enables multiple roles for JDE - I used to work for them so I helped write it. Unless you are using Xe therefore I dont see any value over standard JDE's multiple roles.

Alloutsecurity also provide solutions and assistance with JDE security issues that were specifically designed for later versions of JDE - so you may want to look at them too before spending on what essentially already exists within standard Edwards.

This former employee, who now works for All Out by the way, cannot see the benefits of the Q Software solution. Perhaps that may be why he is a former employee and not a current one!

He is clearly very out of date with security issues in EnterpriseOne and how the Q Software solution addresses those issues.

I understand the issues are well documented in an Oracle white paper, which they co-wrote with Q Software, and in which Oracle recommends the Q Software solution. I suggest you contact Q Software directly and get this white paper to understand the facts.

I am told that Q Software also puts their software through a rigorous testing process, including having Oracle test it, so the quality is good too, which is reassuring.

Probably the wisest thing for any potential client to do would be to look at both solutions rather than take at face value what is said by exployees of either company...

Back