'Resultant file is empty' error

SUKINDER

\'Resultant file is empty\' error

Hi All,

Can somebody give me a clue to resolve the problem mentioned below?

I am getting an error 'Resultant file is empty' when opening newly exectued PDF through 'select input file' of Create!Form Designer.

There was a tools upgrate happend and after this, some UBEs are not getting merged with Create!Form. The PDF generated before the tools upgrade are getting opened nicely.

Is there any setup involved?..if so, why this is happening only for very few reports?

I am using the 8.10 version EOne.

Re: \'Resultant file is empty\' error

Given the choices, I guess I'll have to select "1" as my answer.

To get a good answer here, you'll probably need to provide some info about your platform and exactly which tools upgrade you applied.

If you have had a tools update very recently on the JDE side, it might be the settings in the JDE.INI file. Later tools release introduced Linearized and also Compressed PDF support.

There are two settings for linearization and PDF compression in the JDE.INI file:

JDE.INI settings [UBE] Section
UBEPDFCompression
Disable the compression of PDF if it is 0
Enables the compression of PDF if it is 1 (default)
UBEPDFLinearization
Disable the linearization of PDF if it is 0 (default)
Enables the linearization of PDF if it is 1

By default, compression is on and Linearization is off – I would suggest keeping linearization off.

Also, what release of Create!form are you on? Support for linearized / compressed PDFs as input files came in with SP5 on 3.1 ... SP1 on 3.2 would also handle it.

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies.

We have default settings for PDF compression and PDF linearization. Also while doing the Tools upgrade, there is no change in the INI file since in Unix there is a separate location for the INI file (outside System folder) which is not affected by Tools Release.

The following were the major activities completed during the upgrade:

1. Tools Upgrade from 8.94P1 to 8.96.2.0 on Production Enterprise server, Web Server, Deployment Server and Fat Clients
2. WebSphere Application Server Upgrade from 5.0 to WAS 6.0.2.13
3. Completed full Web Generation

We are currently using Create!Form Version 3.1.60.5577.

The exact error which I am getting is attached with Screen shots for your kind reference.

Please go through this and give me your valuable suggestions. Many thanks in advance.

Hello, I have a couple of suggestions to try. It appears you could have different issues here. To begin the very last screen shot shows your input file with No Data Found at the bottom, I believe this is specific to your Data Selection in JDE and if you are using this as an input file for the designer then the error message makes sense. If your input file does contain data then I suggest you create a new project using the input file. If there is an error then this is not project specific and you will have to investigate the generating of the input file further. If there are no error messages with the new project then I have seen the error message with the following scenario. The original project was created displaying sections that do not exist in the new report therefore there is no data for Create!form to display and you end up with the error. To test this theory open the existing project and turn on or display a section you know is in the new input file (compare the section name in the new project you just created such as the On Ship To 1 section in an R43500. To display a section that is turned off open your project tree from the designer view menu, right click on the section and select properties. Select display always from the Display tab. Then select the new PDF or input file and see if you still receive the error. This is only a suggestion and may be a long shot but I received the exact same error message with the scenario outlined above.

Back