finding the date that subledgers are closed

audit16

One of our SOX controls is that we close the accounting periods of the JDE modules timely. I want to test that, and I need to find out how or where I can get the information about when any individual module of JDE is closed. We use JDE 8.12, and have the GL, AP, Assets and AR modules in use.

thanks in advance.

Hello audit16,

View post #111690 and reply #112650. I think this may be a lead for your requirement.

Regards,

tarkan

tarkan,

thanks, it helps a little,

...but i don't think that solution will allow me to really determine when the module was closed. it looks like the best it will do is show transaction dates. and while i could attempt to infer that if the dates are ok, then the modules were promptly closed, i don't really know if they were. this is for SOX control testing, so good data does not necessarily imply good control operation.

from my days with oracle apps i was used to easily finding this type of info. JDE is a different animal apparently.

thanks again

I am on a much earlier release so my F0010 data items could possibly vary from yours. Here's how we established procedure/process to mitigate issues around period close...so far so good...auditors did not take any exception with...

Regularly scheduled query/ube compares period/fiscal year settings in F0010 to published planned close dates (entered via PO or new table by non finance person), Provides exception report to appropriate party for follow-up.

Another over night scheduled query/ube reports on any CO where the date of change is greater than the date the last date the report version was run. Where close is expected...the results can be lengthly (we have 200+ comapnies), where close has passed, a change sticks out like a sore thumb. Again, info forwarded to appropriate party to address. Granted it doesn't tell you what about the CO was changed, but it does at least identify a potential issue. It really matters how well the need to modify a company record is documented/reviewed/approved at this point.

These are very simple methods and may not be aggresive enough to suit your compliance needs. If I where a developer I would find a way to watch the F0010 table for any changes and trigger a message/ube or something to someone for more timely mitigation. Or, add a copy the table periodically to a workfile and compare last two copies data to report exceptions. Alas, I am not. Perhaps the developer forum could give you ideas for techniques going forward.

Probably much more then you wanted to read...sorry to ramble...

tarkan

Just curious, how many of your users have privileges to the master company master beyond read access?

You can take a snapshot of the F0010 daily, or more often, and track the ne t change.

You can identify the user id that made changes to these dates CCPNC, CCARPN , and CCAPPN as well as the date and time updated for the change.

There also may be the possibility of using journal system logging on the iS eries as well.

As a real sox compliancy measure, the F0010 shoudl be secured via column se curity at a minimum so that only specific approved users can access and cha nge.

Since you are on 8.12, and I assume paying JDE mtc., download G80D

You can dowload the ASU for G80D-Finl Mgt Compliance Console. This module contains functionality to capture and track system setting changes. It also tracks SOX separation of duties, and other SOX compliancy measures.

SInce the SOX control requires "timely and provable financial period closes " for GL, AP, and AR (keep in mind INVENTORY also must close at the branch plant level)there is a method that will satisfy the SOX audit AND track the actual time that the periods are closed.

This can be acheived by using COLUMN security to secure from ALL USERS *pub lic the ability to changes the 3 data items in the F0010 for the period clo ses.

When the Controller wishes to close each period, security access would be g ranted and this is measured at the EXACT date and time. This will certainl y satisfy the SOX audit requirement.

Back