No Data Selected??

Dan W

Hi i have a report that runs every monday morning which generates time sheets for all the users in the business to be able to fill them out. For some unknown reason it failed this morning and stated that there was no data seleted. This report has run fine since i have been here (18 months). After it failed it was ran again manually and this time it was fine. Is this something that can just happen sometimes? Or could this be a part of a bigger problem.

Dan,
We do not know your system config - so, we may not be able to make all
assumptions clear.

On an iSeries, I'd wonder if an SQL Package was to blame (it's always easy
to blame SQL Packages).

The other question - what is the data selection? Could the DS have been
incorrect during the scheduled run and valid during the manually submitted
run?

(db)

--

If none of Daniel's suggestions are your culprit, another possibility comes to mind. You say it runs every Monday...does that mean it runs from Scheduler? There is a caveat to running jobs on Scheduler and that is the ube will use the most recently used version specs for the particular version defined in scheduler.

So if you have job, R1, in Scheduler that uses version, V1, and someone calls R1 from batch versions and selects version V1 and changes the data selection, the changes made here will be the used the next time the scheduled job is triggered. Make sense?

It is good practice to put security on scheduler versions so they can't be changed.

Good luck.

Back