System DSN connection to E1 table for Lookup Variables in Cform project

KSwaeby

KSwaeby

Reputable Poster
Hello All -

I am looking for advice and/or comments about using the "Lookup Variable" functionality in Create!form for EnterpriseOne.

The project has given me the requirement of doing a database lookup to an E1 table (F4801) to get additional information (RESC) that is not in the JDE PDF (R31415 WorkOrder). Does anyone have any experience with using this functionality in Cform?

We are running E1 8.12 with WindowsNT EnterpriseServers with Cform v3.2 (server and designer). Any advice (pros and cons) will be appreciated.

Karen.

Karen,

We used to use that functionality. I had set up an access database on the c!f server to look up a printer ID based on the user ID from the incoming JDE PDF. I can't remember any detail, but I didn't have any problem with it. I just followed the instructions in the manual, did some testing, and it worked well while it was required. However we have upgraded our c!f software since then and I have not looked at it since.

It's not much but I hope it helps.

Thanks for the feedback Peter! I have also used the Cform lookup functionality to get data from "external" databases and it works great.

My concern this time is that I want to get data from an E1 database table and use that data on the merged output. I'm concerned about reliability and performance when adding that layer of functionality to the CformSever.

Karen.

Back