Changing oout Server

arny

Hi,

we need to change Enterprise server. It is on Unix platform and need to be moved to another server which s our database server and is on Unix.

Please help me to know the best way to do it and how much time will it take and what could be downtime. It is for production environment.

E1 release # Xe
Platform # Unix
Database # Oracle

Regards,
Rohit

There are white papers on the KG which talk about swapping out servers. In general, you'll be installing the enterprise objects onto the database server, and updating the Service Pack.

You should be able to do it in a weekend.

Ken, I found a doc "How to Change Enterprise server on Unix" but that does not seems to be complete document. Doc has all manual steps and does not suggest about updateing machine master and detail table. That's why I am looking for right steps and approximate time required for this. I am planning in following way:

Install Enterprise on new machine (which is our DB server)
Add-on server plan
workbench
porttest

Once it is done, will mirror all directories from old server to new server
then again porttest

But In this I need to ensure that I have smooth switch over. So, was thinking to map few UBEs to new server and remain to old server. This is production server. Do you think this is sensible decision?

Thanks once again.

Regards
Rohit

That sounds reasonable. You won't have to map UBEs in OCM though. You should be able to hit Advanced in your Batch job submission, and choose the new server to submit your UBE.

Back