DLL size on enterprise server is 13 KB (Each DLL is of 13 KB)

Sunil Rana

HI

We have a strange issue with Enterprise Server while we are deploying a full package or Update package.

When we deploy a full/update package, the size of the DLL in Bin32 on Deployment server is OK but size on Enterprise Server is 13 KB and this is happening for each DLL.
R9621 is working fine and Business function B9600186 is working fine but R9622 and B9600196(Business function for Building server package) are having some problems I guess , when I check the newly built package and look in to Bin 32, it has three types of files .dll, .pdb and .map (application, intermediate and map files). All DLL are of 13 KB. Then we deploy the package but it did not update the size of DLL.

Now these results in failing of every business function we run on server and our enterprise server is not responding to any of the business function.

We tried with new DLL and with update package we deploy it, but this new DLL have same problem with the size i.e. is 13 KB.

Details about E1
We are working on B7333

Please help us that why are DLL not built completely, i have no logs specif to this as there is no error reported

Thanks in advance
Regards

Where the package is built on the Enterprise Server, you should have a directory for CompileLogs. Underneath that are directories for each DLL name, and those will have either .log or .err files.

Hopefully you can find the .err files and diagnose the errors you are getting.

I might also turn on logging on the server, and see what you get in the logs for the package build kernel.

HI
thanks for the response...
i checked folder compileLogs and it has folder for all DLL, each DLL has business function(text file) in it but every log is the same size 1 KB and this is what we have there
b83audit.c.... <font color="blue"> Function name and description is same </font>
Compiling with IAMASERVER defined.

No logs with me but i have another daubt if this is something related to JDE.ini settings ,

JDE.ini file settings i have as folows

INCLUDES=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Vc98\include;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Vc98\mfc\include;$(SYSTEM)\INCLUDE;$(SYSTEM)\INCLUDEV;$(SYSTEM)\CG;$(APP)\INCLUDE;

what does this $ sign stands for, this is what i have in my JDE.ini file

thanks in advance
Regards

For the (System), this just fills in with the path to the JDE system folder.

If you have no .err files, and all your .log files look like that, it seems like you compiler is not kicking off at all. Check that the paths in the [JDE_CG] section of the JDE.INI on the Enterprise Server look similar to the ones in the JDE.INI of the Deployment Server. This will tell you if the installation of the Platform Pack properly recognized where your compiler was installed.

You should also check to see if the environment variables are set properly. Log in as the user who starts the JDENET services. Check the environment variables for "INLUCDE", "LIB", and "MSDevDir". If you do not see these 3 variables, you need to set them properly.

HI
I checked JDE.ini(JDE_CG) file for Deployment and Enterprse server. they same quiet different from each other, JDE_INI_DS---for Deployment server(see attached files) and JDE_INI_ES-----for enterprise server(attached file), please see these

regarding variables...where should i check these.

Thanks in advance
Regrds
Sunil Rana

And this if for Deployment server, i hope we are getting near to the problem..

Thanks Again

Sunil Rana

Back