JDE in Terminal servers

PrakashS

Hi,

We have one terminal server which has one third party software (planner) installed in it. As per the requirement we have installed JDE FAT client in this server. Since, it is a terminal server, multiple user session will be used. Will JDE support this?? Multi login in one FAT client.

There are some JDE functionality which is not working in this server like get, object design mode....
I want to use Get functionality in this server.

Could anybody help me in this regard??

Regards,
Praksh
JDE XE,B7333
SP 21_I, AS400 V5R3,

Praksh,

The reason why "get" isn't working is that JDE detects from the operating system that the computer is a terminal server. JDE was not designed to do development on a terminal server. Do a search on the site for the many many threads discussing this. There is a hack that can be added into the JDE.INI. Do a search for "OWDEVELOPER=True". Welcome to the list.

Hi Prakash,

Just some addition to Gregg's answer.

#1. JDE.INI generally resides on the terminal server (TS) under the:

C:\Documents and Settings\ts_login_name\WINDOWS

where ts_login_name is the login name to TS.

So, all users with different login name has her/his own JDE.INI

#2. Place the

OWDEVELOPER=TRUE

entry under the

[DEBUG]

session of JDE.INI.

#3. This entry will make possible ALL OMW activities, including development.

BUT BE CAREFULL

that nobody else is signed on and use the affected Path Code, on the contrary the local spec can get easily corrupted, losing a lot of work and re-install the Path Code will be required.

Regards,

Zoltán

Prakash

Look for my "setting up development under Citrix" for the correct method, step by step, of setting up a terminal server for remote development.

You can either see this under the tips & tricks section under my user ID - or look on my website (www.erpsourcing.com) after you have registered in the downloads section.

But yes, it IS possible to set up a terminal server for remote development - BUT you must set up a pathcode for each remote development user.

Back