Client Hardware Spec

KevinM

Hi Guys

Looking for a solution.
We cannot connect via web browser to EnterpriseOne from a Windows 2000 client running IE6. I understand it is not a supported platform, but is there a work round for it. Or do we bite the bullet and upgrade.

EnterpriseOne 8.12 toolls 8.97 Server 2003.

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately IE7 is not supported on Win 2000 so will not allow an install.
Any other suggestions?

Yes, the MTRs state Windows XP or Vista for clients, however, I have clients with Windows 2000 Citrix servers and 8.96, and they don't have problems accessing the HTML client. I don't think 8.97 is different enough that you can't even connect.

How far do you get when you type in the URL? Do you get the login screen? Does it stop when you try to send in your credentials?

Hi Ken

We get the signon screen and it hangs after you have filled in the credentials and are awaiting the menu to appear. It hangs and just times out after a few minutes.

Yes - firefox works really well, especially with 8.97 - at least, Firefox 2.x did. I just upgraded to firefox 3 - and the "powerbuttons" don't seem to work exactly the same way as they used to - but I can still pull from the dropdowns fine.

The only thing that firefox doesn't support is the import/export, the media objects and the workcenter message preview. Once the activex crud is eliminated, firefox will be absolutely the browser to use.

That is correct, Firefox does work only we do need the export to a spreadsheet facility. It looks like we will have to upgrade the last few remaining Windows 2000 machines.

Thanks for all your help and advice.

Back