Expense Management in JDE

markdcci

markdcci

Owner - Rockford Consulting LLC
List,

We are looking to roll out Expense Management (System 09E) to our users and wondered if anyone else out there is currently using this module, your experiences, likes, dislikes, etc.

If you are using it, are you using the credit card interface? We are looking at a couple of different formats that our bank gave us and are trying to use a custom table and a ube in lieu of a table conversion to give us some more flexibility but are experiencing some challenges.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Mark,

We don't use that module. We use a product called Necho for our credit card processing and expense reports. It integrates back into JDE for rolling the expenses back into the GL. That's about as much as I know about it from the technical side. From the user side, having an online expense report is 1000% better than the old paper based system we had.

Gregg

Thanks, Gregg.

I assume Necho takes care of the feed from the credit card company?

The format Visa gave us seems to be a little overkill for what we need and it's forcing us to use a table conversion when we were hoping to use a custom table and a ube. I thought someone might know of a simpler way.

Mark,

yes, Necho is taking care of the credit card feed. It also intelligently categorizes the expenses into the correct expense category 95% of the time.

Back