Ube & DB AIX with foreing tables in AS/400

gareljos

gareljos

We have E1 8.12 - TR 8.97 in a Unix IBM server with AIX 5.3
How do I make to have the business data in a server as400 when my ube server is AIX?.
My uber server is AIX (database server Oracle too) and I need to read data from foreign tables in the AS400.
How do I make? How do I configure it? What I need in the AIX to connect E1 to the AS400?
TIA

Your question is confusing Is it your database server is AS/400 or you are trying to access some foreign table on AS/400?.
If your database server is AS/400 then this is handled by CNC and should be already setup when the system is intalled and configured.
If you are configuring this then you will have to go thru the intalltion and setup manuals to do it. This would be a complex task.

if you are trying to access a foreign table then your table has to comply with JDe table specs standards and define same table in JDE then ask your CNC to perform OCM map to the AS/400 server.
Thanks,
Chan

I don't think an AIX box can access a database on the AS/400 natively so you may need to setup a JDBNET server to do so.

My database server and enterprise server for E1 8.12 are the AIX. I need to connect from the E1 to external tables in the AS400, always running UBES from the AIX.
How do I make the configuration of the JDBNET in AIX?
TIA

Hi,

You can either use JDBNET or setup a Windows Intel UBE Server.
On that machine, you can execute TC that read data from
one platform (either AIX or AS400) and then write data to
the other platform (either AIX or AS400 too).
Finally, you can write your own Java programs on AIX
to connect to AS/400 via JDBC (jt400.jar drivers) and
read or write the data you need.

Hi,

Be aware that JDBNET communicates two JDE servers.
In that case, you'd need to install JDEdwards on both
AIX and AS400 boxes.
If you can't install JDE on that AS400 box, you'll need to
consider either install a Windows Intel JDE server to
act as a link between both AIX and AS400, or write your
own programs in AIX Java with AS400 JDBC drivers.

Back