UBE on Unix Server corrupts Norwegian data

AIUK

Hi Everyone,

We are about to put a site in Norway into our live environment and have just noticed that when you run a report that update / creates data on our unix (AIX 5.2) it changes the special norwegian characters into ? and \
Interestingly when you run exactly the same UBE over the same data on a windows enterprise server, it is fine and the characters display as they should.

Does anyone have any experience of this?
The JDE.INI on both windows & unix servers have LocalCodeSet=WE_ISO88591 set, although that is under the install section so I'm not sure how relavent that is. We have installed the NO code page on our AIX box and bounced the jde services and it still doesn't work.

I don't think it is database related as it works on the other servers.

Any help would be gratefully received.
frown.gif

AIUK,
Do the Norwegian characters exist on the AIX box, like in a font? Maybe the Windows machine has the font loaded and the AIX does not?

Just a thought.

Hi Matthew,
Thank you for your response,
smile.gif

We have installed various font filesets on the aix server and these don't seem to be being used by the pdf in submitted jobs..
Thank you

Hi, just posting in case anyone else has this issue as we have now fixed it!!

The cmap directory had to exist on the unix box so I had to ftp it from the windows enterprise server. This lives in the B7333\system\resource dir.

We also had to add the following 2 lines to the .profile of the jde user on the aix server:
export ACRO_RES_DIR=/u01/app/jdedwardsoneworld/b7333/system/resource/cmap
export NLS_LANG=American_America.WE8ISO8859P1

and restart the jde services on the aix box (don't do this when ube's are running and don't do it if it is your security server
smile.gif
)

grin.gif

Back