E1-812 TR8.96- Package build/Deployment issues.

Deepak C Thali

Deepak C Thali

Recently we changed our system from i550-V5R3 to i570-V5R4, at the time of migration we kept all system configuration same as of i550. Now we are facing one minor problem while doing the package build with tables, only tables its showing not build. Can anyone out there give us suggestion/solution for this issue pls.. Another thing is at the time of package deplyoment with making sure that no submitted jobs are running, some times E1 services jobs status shows MTXW and E1 hangs. With this condition we waited for long time(almost 1hr) but jobs are not releasing, even package deployment is stuck. Finally we tried to stop E1 services through menu that also shows END status but not stopping completely, at the end we did a system IPL and normal E1 services restored. Please give some help/tips how we can avoid this condition.

Deepak,

Did you do full package builds with the change to V5R4? Did you keep the system name the same? What was the method of migration?

-Ethan

Hello Ethan
Yes we did the full package build after migration. Kept the system name same as old one. We tested changing the system name successfully, but downtime allowed was very short, so we decided to keep the system name same.

Back