Frustration with MS Word Formatting Tools

TomAbbott

TomAbbott

I have been honing my BI Publisher skills and one of the things that I have found so frustrating is getting tables to act as desired in MS Word. Attached is an example.

If I set the rows to be exactly, not at least, exactly a certain height, and I format the cells to put the text in the left-middle of the cells, then when I go to do a preview, using the Oracle BI plugin, I should not see my cells shrink down on their content. Yet, this is exactly what happens.

Give it a try: take the attached document (you need the BI plugin for Word) and do a preview. How can I keep the cells from shrinking? I don't want that.

Sorry for the rant. Thanks in advance for anyone that can help.

Tom

Just to clarify: The "Preview" that I'm talking about is on the BI Publisher plugin tool bar. Select Preview-->RTF. If you do the normal Word Print Preview, that works fine. It's when you do the BI Publisher preview that the cells collapse down to a specified height. I need them to maintain the height I specified.

Problem solved. I spoke with GSC, and what I am trying to do can not be done with the current BI Publisher plugin. They are working on an update that will fix this.

The good news is that you can still edit this in Word as an RTF, and the preview as PDF and the table settings will stay consistent. You can upload the RTF template into E1 and then run it as a PDF as well also maintaining the table settings.

Back