Printer Setup for CF Server 3 and CF Server 6

tgatif

I have setup the printer that is visible in CF3 but not in CF6. I like to know what is the reason behind it.

I've had a similar problem with CformServer6. There's a quirk in that application that causes your Windows printer to not been seen in the CformServer6 console application if it doesn't like the printer driver you're using.

Try changing driver on the printer to something common like HP4000PS.

Karen.

I have experience the same thing as Karen. When the driver was changed, the printer appeared.

If the physical printer you are printing to is a PostScript printer then the windows printer driver used is irrelevant. The CformServer application (when it does the merge) generates the PostScript language that gets sent to the printer.

However if you're printing to PCL printer then the Windows printer driver does effect how the printed page looks. You might need to try different drivers and CformServer settings to find what produces the best output on your PCL printer.

Karen.

I have two machines on which CF server 3 and server 6 is installed. The similar printer was installed on machine 1 with driver HP 4350 PCL 5e and is visible on server 3 and server 6.

I installed the printer for the first time on machine 2 with same driver (HP 4350 PCL 5e) and is not visible on server 3 and server 6. I changed the driver from PCL to PS and became visible. Do you think that it is an issue of createform and they need to apply the patch for it.

tgatif

Check that both machines are running the same version of CformServer3 & CformServer6 (open the CformServer app and check Help>About). This is a bug in the CformServer6 software - it's been there for awhile now.

If your printer is PostScript compatible then the Windows printer driver doesn't really matter. If it's PCL then it does. Kind of depends on 1) what your printer is and 2) how you have it defined in CformServer6.

Karen.

Back