How to secure File Menu in PeopleSoft E1 8.10

aisoice

aisoice

Dear All,

I have problem to secure file menu in PeopleSoft E1 8.10,
like Menu Tools, Object Management Workbench, Report Version, etc.
How to secure it or how to disable it ?
Previously I say thank you and I await your help.

I am sorry if my English not good.

Thanks
Willy

I usually take the approach of using Security Workbench and securing users out of running those particular applications. Type A security affects Solution Explorer, and stops users from doing the menu modifying entries. You can use Type 3, Application Security, to prevent users from running OMW (secure P98220). You can use type 7, External Calls, to prevent access to the Report Designer and other E1 tools that use separate .EXE files.

What Ken is saying, you do not secure that menu - you secure the application called by that menu.
OMW is P98220 - Security Type 3 - "N" cannot run
Rpt Versions is P98305 - Security Type 1 - "N" cannot add / change / delete ...
I suggest you read the Security manual.

Dear Ken Wong and Adrian Chimirel,

Thank you for your help.

I have already secured Application P98220 using Security Workbench, Application Security (type 3) and RDA using External Calls Security (type 7).
I secure for *PUBLIC, but for my Team I don't secure.

But for P98305 I can not secure, because partly user need this Application to run report, so I only secure action Add, Copy, Delete, and secure field PID can not change.

What do you think ??? Do you have any idea ?

Thanks
Willy

Dear Ken Wong and Adrian Chimirel,

Thank you for your help.

I have already secured Application P98220 using Security Workbench, Application Security (type 3) and RDA using External Calls Security (type 7).
I secure for *PUBLIC, but for my Team I don't secure.

But for P98305 I can not secure, because partly user need this Application, so I only secure action Add, Copy, Delete, and secure field PID can not change.

What do you think ??? Do you have any idea ?

Thanks
Willy

You're on the right track.

Your screen shot shows the fat client, but you don't say if you're using the HTML client also. If you are, please be aware that some applications are different on the HTML client. For example, Batch Versions is P98305 on the fat client, but P98305W on the HTML client.

Dear Ken Wong,

Thank you for your information.
Right, I use Fat Client and Web Client.
For Fat client, I have secured P98305 and for Web Client I have secured P98305W.
Now, the problem have solved.

Thanks
Willy

Back