8.12 Standalone HTML Server/OC4J Error (with tools 8.97)

jferris01

I’m trying to install demo with 897 (had 896 installed previously but uninstalled to put 897 on) and I get an error when installing the web server. The error doesn't give any info as to what the problem is and can’t click through it (Next button is greyed out).

I can complete the rest of the install without errors but when launch Solution Explorer I can't obviously launch the E1 Menu as the web server was not installed. The jdeinst log says install completed successfully.

Has anyone ever seen this before or have any ideas how to fix? I now get the same error when trying to install 896 demo too.

I've gone through the registry and deleted every key I can possibly find relating to JDE as well as uninstalled/deleted MSDE, Java, JDBC etc. Even tried installing on a VM and copying the web server files back over and adding the registry keys manually but that didnt work either.

Any help would be much appreciated

Are there any MS policy or security/rights set on directory/registery or programs etc. this can be one of reason

Chan

No. Nothing has changed since I installed 896 demo (which was only a month or so ago).

896 demo installed fine and worked perfectly. Problem only arose when uninstalled 896 to put 897 on. Now I can't even reinstall 896!

Back