Issue-Fail to login JDE via Citrix after the input the JDE ID&PS&ENV. and knock "OK"

kico

Issue-Fail to login JDE via Citrix after the input the JDE ID&PS&ENV. and knock \"OK\"

So strange as the title description.Different users in different network encountered such situation.After the JDE login interface appeared, they input their login JDE information and then knocked "OK" button, after about 10 secs it appeared a log off tips automatic,and then they diconnected from the citrix server too.
We have done below test:
Error Citrix Id + Error JDE ID: Fail to login JDE
Error Citrix Id + other JDE ID: Succeed in login JDE
Other Citrix Id + Error JDE ID: Succeed in login JDE
Other Citrix Id + other JDE ID: Succeed in login JDE
All above was also tested in different PC and got the same result.Hope someone can help poor me! Appreciate……

Re: Issue-Fail to login JDE via Citrix after the input the JDE ID&PS&ENV. and knock \"OK\"

From your description, it would appear you have problems logging onto any fat client, and not just Citrix.

Configuration information would help: what is your Enterprise Server, what is your database, which version of E1 are you on, what is your Service Pack/Tools Release?

A copy of what is in your JDE.LOG file would help diagnose the problem too.

Re: Issue-Fail to login JDE via Citrix after the input the JDE ID&PS&ENV. and knock \"OK\"

Thanks klwong.We re-install the JDE application in all citrix servers and then they can login and using JDE successfully.But our team still cannot find the root cause since this just happen to some user not all.

Hi Klwong,
Problem comes again. It seem that re-install the JDE application in all citrix servers didn't fix the problem.Every day diffent new user had this problem.Our version is: JDE 8.0,SQL 2005,WINDOWS 2003 SP2.

Have you tried deleting the user profiles on the citrix servers? they will be recreated upon logon. Some times, when the problems are not across all users, it is the specific user citrix profiles that need to be removed. Also, i may have missed it, but what preceded this issue? Any major update?

Thanks JakeR,I think you get the point. We deleted all profiles and then user can login JDE successfully.But similar issue happens again to some same defected users and some new users.How to solve this?By the way,we have confirmed there is no changes on domain or server or PC.

The situation becomes more and more serious. More and more users face the similar issue. when deleted user windows profile they may login or maynot or login and next time JDE ended unexcepted like before.

I think we need to see the messages in the JDE.LOG file to determine what is going on. On the fat client side, this should be easy (C:\JDE.LOG), but on the Citrix side, you'll need to find the WINDOWS directory under the user's profile to find the JDE.LOG file.

Login problems could be several things, and you have not given us enough information to point to the cause. Also, when the user's session ends, do they show up as a disconnected session, or is the session completely gone (check in Terminal Server Manager, or the Citrix Management application).

Thanks Klwong and JakeR. Finally, we find a solution for this case:
1, remove the ntuser.dat on the windows default profile
2, remove the user windows profile
3, when user logon again, the ntuser.dat will be re-generated and user can launch JDE.
But it is still not confirmed the root caused.

Glad you got it resolved. I usually do that folder last. I try the individual folders on each server first and then if that does not solve the problem i remove the files you mentioned which are setup in Active Directory. 95% of the time the local citrix server user folder will do the trick. As to the cause, the profiles just get corrupted but why is not something i have been able to discover.

We have confirmed that the problem will occour when users quit JDE with "Favorite" taskview loaded (last taskview equals 98) and the JDE language profile is set to "CS". That is also explained why only China users are affected.

Back