Musical Case Packs in EnterpriseOne 8.10

kaneely

As a sporting goods wholesale distributor, we have recently seen an increase in the number of requests for musicals/assortments/prepacks via EDI.

Is anyone aware of what the guidelines are for handling prepacks via EDI or just in general how to setup case packs? How have you approached this in EnterpriseOne? We are currently running ERP 8.10.

Should we be defining prepacks by using pack level UPCs or use some user defined nonstandard prepack codes? Being a footwear vendor/supplier, we have a lot of skus and the possible number of prepacks (UPCs) can grow
exponentially large with all the different size runs possibilities. And this is only considering case packs with the same style, color, size in them.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

This topic is a bit out of my specific are of expertise, but since it mentioned EDI <smile>, I might make a few suggestions to research.

JDE has several ways to combine dissimilar items (similar items would be in case/pack quantities). You can use the Configurator, BOM or Kit to combine/create an order/item designation that would contain the collections.

For more general 'assortments' you might configure your picking/bins to a general (same price point) grab bin where the picker can grab any item in the bin and create an assortment. This way you loose all specific inventory counts unless you scan each individual item as it is picked (very doable!) or have RFID tagged items.

The EDI order component would have your customer select from a pre-defined catalog or grouped item list that would identify a variable ‘assortment’ group.

Not sure if this makes sense; if not just ignore my comments! <grin>.

This is what makes ERP fun!!!!

Cheers,

Skip Stein
Management Systems Consulting, Inc.
407-892-4069

Back