Redeploying package to Workstation

Bally_BK

Well Known Member
Hi All,

i have deployed update package to server, while doing update package i have not selected option "mandatory installation of package for all workstations, when my user try to login into jde he did not get pop up screen for pacakges installation... when i checked on P9661 - Deployment director application , it is showing installed ...

how do i check if update package got installed on workstation, do we have any folder to look this information...

Please let me know why my user got pop upped update package screen when his log into jde..

any help is highly appreciated..

thanks in advance

system configuration

One world XE ,
Back end :db2
Enterprise working on OS/400

regards
bally

Sorry, but your post uses somewhat contradictory statements. I will guess as to your meaning, and assume that you mean to say that your user is not getting the dialog box that asks him/her to take an update package, even though you deployed it to the workstation, and that you think the package shows as "Installed" the Package Deployment application.

On the workstation, you can check in the registry. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JDEdwards\OneWorld\Install.ini\B7333 (or B7, I forget the actual key).

Anyway, under that registry key, you should see an entry for UpdatePackage which will contain the name of the last update package taken. If your package doesn't show up here, then that workstation hasn't taken it.

As per the last reply look at the JDE registry key. What I have found in the past is that the setting for FoundationBuildDate is normally greater than the FoundationBuildDate in the package.inf file for the package you are trying to deploy and therefore the system thinks that the package has already been deployed.

Check the inf file and registry setting, they should at the very least be the same. You could try amdning either the package inf one to be a minute later than the registry or vice versa make the registry setting one minute earlier than the package inf setting (or the same).

The package.inf file gets the date from a somewhere in the deployment server system directory (not sure where) so it would seem better to try and match the date in the package.inf file as that is the one that all future package.inf files will have.

Back