KB951748 (DNS Patch) Kills JAS?

RTCAdmin

I'm not sure if anyone else has run into this or not, but I figured since I haven't seen anything on this site or anywhere else, I may as well post a heads-up...

We had KB951748 automatically install at 3am this past Sunday. Today we have been fielding complaints from users that they have been kicked out of their JAS sessions and get the dreaded "internal server error" if they try to go back in. The OPMN.log showed that the instances crashed and were restarted right around the same times we were getting calls. We determined that the only change since Friday was the installation of KB951748. We removed this SP from all our JAS servers and reconfigured automatic updates to notify instead of auto install. So far we have not had any compliants after bringing the system back up over an hour ago.

We have also identified this update as causing issues with VMware Server (what used to be GSX), but that's for a different forum.

Best of luck!

We have that patch on one of our Jas servers but not on the other and so far haven't noticed any issues. Thanks for the heads up though.

Can you post your spec ?

What version of EnterpriseOne, what OS version, what Database version, what JAS server type (Oracle/Websphere) ? If you're also using VMWare - it is important to let us know what version and how you're networked.

I don't believe this patch is going to affect JDE servers across the board, I'm certain that there is something specific in your implementation that is causing your issue. Are you clustered ? Microsoft clustering ?

I'm not claiming this is in any way certain, but this could be a coincidence, unless you restarted everything a few times with this hotfix in and observed the same problem consistently.

I'm saying this, because if this was some transient glitch and you did both uninstall of the hotfix and restart of the servers at the same time and without any prior testing, then there's really no telling which one of these two actions actually fixed the issue...

Sorry, this post contained a hidden question: did you do any testing before uninstalling the hotfix?

Back