Find last time a user signed into OneWorld

tmackin

Reputable Poster
Is there a way to find out the last time a user accessed OneWorld? I searched the posts for "last signon", "signon", "last" and found nothing related. TIA

Have you enabled security logging? That will give you the information. For example, we had a remote user who was claiming 45 hours of work on her time sheet, but her supervisor suspected less. Since her job was heavily dependent on heads down JDE work, they asked me to look into her history. My investigation into the security logs showed that the employee was barely using the system. One other thing, do you have an automatic disconnect parameter set? We have a 45 minute disconnect paremeter set in Citrix. This prevents someone from loggin on to JDE in the morning and ignoring it, trying to scam the system.

The information in the security logging isn't a clean pretty report, but it does put out some decent breadcrumbs for you to follow.

Gregg

You need to enable Security History on your Security Server (Enterprise or Application server)

In your Enterprise Servers' JDE.INI - look for the [SECURITY] section and add

"HISTORY=1"

and restart JDE services

this will start logging all logon/logoff events to the System.F9312 table

Hi Jon,

Stupid question:

Does making "HISTORY=1" just give you the time stamps for SHDTOFF and SHTMOFF as currently we have "HISTORY=0" and the file F9312 is still being populated with records but fields SHDTOFF and SHTMOFF are both 0?

Another stupid question:

What if any, does turning on security affect performance?

Thanks for the response in advance.

Kind regards,
Misael

Xe SP23_R1 iSeries V5R4

Misael, hopefully not "stupid' questions! I was going to ask the very
same ones!!

I would also like to ask where I would find an explanation for event
types.

History 1 populates the login and logout information. As far as what the codes are, just look into UDC for what the values in your system are set for. Though I'll probably be told otherwise, in my experience, setting history doesn't show any ill effects on performance. Obviously new information is tracked and written, but it's not like 1000 tables or inserts are generated by the setting.

I'm sorry...did you say your job title was "Anal E1 Policeman"? Note to self, never, EVER work for that "air" company.

[ QUOTE ]
For example, we had a remote user who was claiming 45 hours of work on her time sheet, but her supervisor suspected less. Since her job was heavily dependent on heads down JDE work, they asked me to look into her history. My investigation into the security logs showed that the employee was barely using the system.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm. Not what the security logging was actually meant to be used for. You also have to understand that the "log out" isn't the most reliable - especially under Xe, since a user shutting down their windows session or just switching off their PC would usually result in the "log out" not being updated !

However, if OneWorld/E1 is helping your company save money - then who am I to be complaining !

By the way - what DOES that manager do, except to micromanage their employees ? Perhaps someone should start to monitor THEIR system (number of words entered per minute into MS Word or Excel for example)...mwaahaaahaaaa

Jon,

This was a one-time request by a manager who already suspected that the remote employee was fudging her timesheets. My analysis of her logins was sent to the manager with all of the caveats that it was far from an exact analysis. It was just one piece of a greater puzzle that lead to this persons eventual dismissal.

One glaring example, on one occasion, the employee claimed a ten hour work day, but the security logs showed less than 30 minutes of JDE activity. This was for a person whose job relies heavily on JDE usage.

Even Jim "Thinks about JDE in his spare time" works harder than that..... some days.....
grin.gif

Gregg

Advantage...Mr. Air Products guy!

Actually, I always work 12 hour days, at least that's what the SQL modified records in the table always indicate!

Back