floating sections start printing in middle of next page

Pat_H

Hello, I'm having a problem with a project that I'm working on. It's a custom JDE report over employee supplemental data. The report prints several detail sections that vary in length. If the next section won't detail section won't fit it will print it on the next page (which I want it to do). The problem is that when it goes to the next page it starts printing the next section starting in the middle of the page instead of at the top of the page. I have repagination on, all the sections in the report are floating and are all autosized. I was wondering if anyone can tell me why it's doing that and if there is something I can try to fix it. Thanks. - Pat

Most often when I have seen this there is a header type data section that "gets in the way". Not sure whether this is the case or not for you. If you would like, you can send a copy of the FPP privately to me and I can take a look at it. Sometimes it is easier to figure out when looking at the real project. Given that this is employee data, I understand if you would rather not ...

I appreciate your offer but like you say its employee data and heads (specifically mine) would roll if I sent it to you. I can see four sets of dotted lines on the form design window that appear at the top of the page, right before my data section is printing. When I double click on each of them to see what they are it tells me there is one group section and the other three are detail sections. The same detail section that I want to print at the top of the page instead of in the middle. There are five records in that detail section, not sure where the three comes from. All five are printing (starting in the middle of the page). This is probably an issue that would be easier to understand if you could see it. I'm thinking I may have to re-write the report so that Create Form can handle it.

Back