PDF File has no header

mmenotti

Hello,
I've a problem with an EnterpriseOne 8.12 Tool 8.97 Win2003 report and a Create!Form project. The same report printed by OneWorld Xe works fine; the one printed by EO 8.12 seems without the header. In fact, in Create!Stream Server log (attached) you can read "PDF File has no header" (row 31). Enterprise server Jde.ini, CPKRNL.DLL (copied ONLY in c:\JDEdwards\E812\DDP\system\bin32), and all printer parameters in EO are good (*CF PDF -s POSTSCRIPT_PRINTER -l cpkrnl -f prt_CpPDFToPDF). The setup is the same as the Xe.
Thanks for your help
Best Regards

Open the file reference in the error log "PDF File has no header c:\program files\create!form\temp\cfstm00013.SPL" with Notepad. Is EnterpriseOne writing the PDF using meta-data?

Do you have meta-data enabled in your JDE.INI file?

Karen.

I think EnterpriseOne writes the PDF metadata.
I have the following settings in the UBE section of JDE.ini:
UBEPrintDataItems=1
UBEIntelNTInternalPrint=0
I cannot find the referenced .SPL file in "c:\program files\create!form\temp" (I suppose it is immediately deleted) but I note that a spool file is created in "C:\windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS" when I launch a stream test in Create!stream server using the E1 8.12 PDF. If I open that spool in Notepad I can read the word "Metadata" at the very beginning of the SPL file.
Furthermore, if I use the 8.12 PDF as an input file in a Create!form project, It works fine and Create!form server merges it correctly.
Please, see the file attached.

Thanks!

Back