question on acrobat 9

mikecollett

hello
please bear with me - i know nothing of jde at all, but do need a question answered
i have been told that jde (more specifically createform) will not run correctly with the latest acrobat reader. we are therefore forced to have reader 6 as the company wide standard. is this truly the case?
we would really really really like to be able to use the funcionality offered by acrobat 9 for our document and training systems, and are quite put out by not being able to do so.
i apologise for not giving jde/createform versions, but if you explain where i can find them, i would be pleased to offer them if it helps answer my question.
hopefully this will be the only time i need to bother you folks.
cheers
mike
(ps my i.t. background is sql server / report manager / access and data data data)

Mike,
We have multiple versions of Acrobat Reader all over our network and have h ad no issues with opening CreateForm documents. We have had to rework some documents after our upgrade from 8.0 to 8.12 but that had nothing to do wi th Createform and everything to do with the difference in the JDE document from 8.0 to 8.12. I'm not a Createform expert but we haven't had any repor ted issues with any version of Reader.

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On B ehalf Of mikecollett
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 4:16 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: question on acrobat 9

hello
please bear with me - i know nothing of jde at all, but do need a question answered
i have been told that jde (more specifically createform) will not run corre ctly with the latest acrobat reader. we are therefore forced to have reader 6 as the company wide standard. is this truly the case?
we would really really really like to be able to use the funcionality offer ed by acrobat 9 for our document and training systems, and are quite put ou t by not being able to do so.
i apologise for not giving jde/createform versions, but if you explain wher e i can find them, i would be pleased to offer them if it helps answer my q uestion.
hopefully this will be the only time i need to bother you folks.
cheers
mike
(ps my i.t. background is sql server / report manager / access and data dat a data)

Re: RE: question on acrobat 9

The latest version of Oneworld (EnterpriseOne) changed the pdf output format from 1.3 to 1.4 - this necessitated some changes for many users of external print solutions if they were converting from PDF to Postscript, for example.

Under EOne 8.12 (SP 8.96.2.2 and higher) it is recommended to use Adobe Acrobat 8.0 or higher. Really, the reader doesn't matter so much anymore - there used to be issues "starting up" the adobe program from OneWorlds' solution explorer/oneworld explorer - but now the action is started from your internet browser, so its not so much of an issue.

Back