JDE Application background color on web

Sridhar Challa

Does anyone know how to change the application background color for web users?
We are on EnterpriseOne8.12 / TR8.97 / OAS / AIX5.3 / Oracle9i
I want to have separate background colors for JDV812 and JPY812 environments, so that I can easily tell on which environment I am using without seeing top right corner screen. Sometime I use multiple environments for problem solving on a same computer...I think it helps if can change the backgroud color.
Thanks for your help...

Step 1.) Locate the topbg-blue.gif file on the web server.
C:\WebSphere\AppServer\installedApps\WebServer\EA_PY_82.ear\webclient.war\share\images

Step 2.) Modify/customize this GIF any way you like with any tool you like and save.

I think you are looking to change the color of screen rather then image. You will have to change the style sheets on the web server to do this.

Chan

You should be able to change the following file:

JAS_instance.ear\webclient.war\share\css\webguistylesheet.jsp

In 8.97.1.1, the line you would change is #84. Whether you use that version or not you should change the background-color of the body tag:

background-color: #FFFFFF;

to

background-color: #ff0000; - or whatever color you want

Hope that helps

Thanks Chandra, Where will I be able to find the stylesheets on web server and how do I change them. Is there a easy way to do this?
Thank you.

I don't know what I'm missing - I've changed the color as you suggested, even restarted the instance and still no color change (using IE6).

***Rev #1 And 15 minutes later, after the second instance restart ... I see my new color. On IE7!
****Rev #2 It looks like only IE7 sees the colour change. Can anybody confirm this, please?

Does anyone know how to change the background color on the menu bar? I tried changing a few values in the file mentioned earlier but those didnt work.

Cheers
Kieran

I will also like to change the color of the menu of the test environment for 8.12 to differentiate between test and production environments. Can any one guide me in the correct direction.

Back