RUNUBE on iseries, AS/400 system i, i........

rgreensl

Hi Listers,
I know there has been a recent thread relating to the RUNUBE command and ROBOT. I am more interested in the future of the RUNUBE command itself. Can I assume that it will be supported with future tools releases...? I have had a suggestion that I should convert all my runubes on the schedule to runubexml as I upgrade to 8.12. The process of creating and running RUNUBEXML jobs is more complex than RUNUBE and I was hoping to stick with RUNUBE. Like a lot of iSeries folks I have a CL wrapper around the UBE's so I can submit them on my iSeries scheduling package (I don't use Robot but use the IBM advanced JS instead). This has proved reliable over the past 7 years. Any thoughts...?
thanks,
Rich (upgrading from Xe UK4 to 812 UK3 897.1.2 - currently on CRP / test system)

Rich,

Not sure if this will be an issue for you or not, but I will just throw it out there. I too looked at moving my RUNUBE scheduled jobs to RUNUBEXML and the problem I ran into is that the scheduler would not recognize the completion of the RUNUBEXML command the same as the RUNUBE command and so I couldn't get job dependencies and triggers to activate accordingly so I abandoned that try. Not sure if it is working and differently now as my last attempt was a couple years ago.

Hi,
we replaced our runubecall by starting ubes using XML interop, that solved our problems.
We are in an upgrade and have generally heavy problems with the performance of our reports. After it started on the server t takes about 20 to 60 secons until it begins to work, it loks like it collects specdata etc. and everything is done via IFS. As a result a virtual NT-server (2 Gigs & 1 Porcessor assigned) is 5 time faster then the AS/400. 8.97 is about 3-10 times faster, did you encounter similar problems?

Best regards,
Carsten

We've been running UBE's server side for a few months now on our iSeries with no issues - they run fast. I haven't had a play with running the RUNUBE command yet directly from a batch process - I'll let you know how that compares.
Rich

Back