Report version

sati

Well Known Member
Hi List

Just a quick question on whether there is away to retrieve the JDE report version in C!F Designer. The reason I ask is I need to use a different page styles based on the version I run, I know I can create version specific projects but was wondering whether I can select page styles based on which version of the JDE reprot I was running.

Sati,

The simplest way is to print the version on the original report. Then, in your design, leave out the version if it is not required to be printed on the report.

The version is recored in the meta data of the pdf, but I can't remember if and how the report designer has access to it.

Sati -

I agree with Peter, the quickest way will be to print the version on the original report.

Create!stream v3 and Cform server v6 allow access to the "header" information that's in the meta-data of the JDE PDF (UBE Version, OWEnvironment, Author, Machine, etc.). Create!form designer v3 does not (I'm assuming that is that the version you're designing your form project in).

Karen.

Karen/Peter

Thanks for your responses - I suppose it's either your solution or version specific projects.

Back