Create!form label printing

pazman2k

Hi
We have been using Create!form v6 to print labels recently (on its own; without any Bartender interfacing) but have been having problems. Initially, we just installed the printer on our Windows 2003 dedicated server and then created the label in CF. It was working fine until one of our European locations (all go through a central server hosted in the UK) had a problem with labels printing a blank label in between each print. The resolution was to define the stock size on the actual printer as well as in CF page setup. This has caused huge problems! Now, if we have to modify the stock size on a printer for a location, it will randomly change the stock size on other printers (probably around 50 label printers on our server at the moment, with another 20 or so European locations waiting to go on) which then stops labels from printing.
Has anyone else experienced this problem? Or, does anyone else use CF to print labels and if so is it successful, do you interface with Bartender as well?
Thanks in advance

Are all printers using the same Cform project to print labels? From what you describe it sounds like this is the case. The page size is specific to the Cform project so when you change it for one label printer it’s going to change it for all label printers that use that Cform project.

Is it correct that not all label printers use the same size label stock?

What version of Cform v6 are you running (6.0.xxx, 6.1.xxx, etc.)? Are you sending PDF output from EnterpriseOne or plain text from your ERP application? Does the job use a Cdirector project first then get passed to the Cform project to format the label?

Karen.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

The original problem was with version 6.0 but we've just setup brand new servers (for final migration) with 6.2 and are still having the same problem.

I'll outline the process for you:

JDE (World) > Spool file in Create!send queue > Spool picked up on CF server and put through director, merged with project > Output to label printer (Cf writer).

As many of our locations manufacture differently, the labels they use vary so its safe to say that no projects are shared. Unfortunately, the stock sizes changes randomly on printers regardless of the cf project they use.

I've tried many things including alternate spooling directories (using windows config and CF server settings), different drivers, general print server config options, changes to windows registry, everything!! And still can't figure it out. Its a real bummer.

I don’t have enough direct experience with printing from Cform v6 to label printers to be much help. Perhaps someone else on the forum can help.

What is the Cdirector project doing with the spool file before passing it to the Cform project?

At this point all I could do is suggest more ways to troubleshoot the problem. If you’d like to continue the discussion off-line just let me know.

Back