XMKL Publisher Tutorial

ISCU

Hi,

we are new in jde and xml publisher. I'am searching for a step by step tutorial to create a xml-publisher-report from a jde-standard-report.

The Questions are:
- extract xml-templates from a jde-standard-report
- transfer the xml-template to ms-word
- transfer the modified ms-word output back to jde
- join the xml-report with the jde-standard-report
a.s.o

thanks

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

we are new in jde and xml publisher. I'am searching for a step by step tutorial to create a xml-publisher-report from a jde-standard-report.

The Questions are:
- extract xml-templates from a jde-standard-report
- transfer the xml-template to ms-word
- transfer the modified ms-word output back to jde
- join the xml-report with the jde-standard-report
a.s.o

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a tutorial in the Enterpriseone Tools 8.97 Documentation, that you can download on Oracle Website.

You have to install BI Desktop Publisher to get the toolbar in Word and Excel.
Basically here are the steps :
- create a blank RTF template file
- create a XML Publisher Object referring to this file
- create a Report Definition Object describing what to make of the template, and the resulting report, and linking to the XML Publisher Object.
-Submit the Report Definition.
-Get the XML Output in the submitted jobs
- Import the XML Data Structure in Word using the BI Publisher Toolbar. Create your report, here is a tutorial :
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/xml-publisher/demos/XMLP_BAL_LETTER.htm
- Re upload the new RTF File and update the xml publisher object.
- Update the Report Definition.
- Submit the Report Definition again.
i managed to get the XML File and create the report and preview it.
But I didnt personnally manage to get the "beautiful" reports on submission of the report definition, so maybe I am missing somewhere.
The only way for me to get the "beautiful" reports is to import after each submission the XML File and preview my template using this data source.

Hi,

Thanks for the help. I did all the steps provided by you and in the end, I didnt see the report. Its give error code "FX".
Any Idea where I am wrong. I tried submitting the rport locally and server both. But the result are same.

Thanks
Nikhil

The "FX" code means that there was an XML publishing error (see attached list of status codes).

I would begin by "validating" that BIP has been installed and is running correctly. Look for the following Knowledge Garden Solution:

"Solution 201065431 – “Validating XMLP Phase 2 with 8.97 has been successfully applied” PeopleSoft Knowledge Garden, April 2008"

This takes a very small part of a UBE and validates that BIP is working. It also runs you through that part of the process step-by-step.

Attached are excerpts from the BI Publisher Guide that I am creating (for presentation at Quest Midwest), which include:
*Key documents
*Steps in BIP Process

Hi,

We are running 8.12 / 8.97 XML Publisher. It works correctly for RTF templates, but when we are trying XML transformations using XSLT, the job ends in error with code "FX" - XML Publisher Error. We have verified that the template is correct, and we are able to run transformations in other software.

Has anyone tried XML Publisher with XSL and got it to run successfully?

Thanks.

I am having the same issue.
I am getting the FX XML publisher error and don't know where to begin looking.

I solved that problem. What was happening was it wanted a "blank template".
Now my new issue is that whenever I try to add a field(s) to the bi publisher ms word template, it then returns the error again. It runs fine as a blank template.
Arghhhhhhhhhh

Hi,

I ran into the same issue and I was able resolve this by re installing right version of BIP desktop version on my fat client. The BIP version on the enterprise version should match the one on the fat client.

Thanks,
Sachin

Back