going from V5R3 to V5R4

wgrantusa

Well Known Member
Does V5R3 have to be at a specific level before upgrading to V5R4? I haven't put on PTFs in about 6 months. I have looked at the IBM website but I didn't find anything. We are on SP_G1 for OneWorld XE. I am planning the upgrade to SP_U1 soon. Are there any gotchas from others that upgraded their 400? Anything to keep an eye out for?

Thanks
Stephanie

I'm not aware of any specific level (I assume you are referring to PTF CUM level) that's required to go from V5R3 to V5R4. You should apply the most recent CUM to your system after you upgrade, though. I would be somewhat cautious with the most recent Xe Service Pack release -- it seems like Oracle has been having at least a few ugly issues with service packs.

We just did an upgrade from V5R3 to V5R4. Just get the latest APAR for JDEdwards and apply relevant PTFs. Make sure you have license keys to reenter. After the update, apply the latest CUM as indicated in the last reply. We started at 4:30pm and were done testing by 10pm. Plan for about 1.5 hrs to 2hrs for the update. 1 hour for the Cum to be applied. Delete all SQLPKGs except 'Q's prior to starting things back up. After the update, our backup failed. Here the update varied off our tape backup device description and created a new one. Other than that, it went pretty smooth.

Back