New Canadian Check standards

Mali

Hi Everyone,

Any one passed the new canadian check printing standards that will be effective from september 2008?
Having trouble mainly with the MICR font as it is not sitting in the middle of MICR line boxes at the bottom of the check. Even tried breaking in to individual characters.

*If you passed it what is the MICR character set are you using?
*We have the bottom border going below the MICR band of 5/8"
Seems likle we have to get new check paper too.
* Having trouble talking to some one who will interpret the "Check testing report" in layman terms to say what needs to be corrected.

Thanks !

Mali

Mali,

It's easiest if you have all the data (the check number variable and constant text) in one Text object. The font should be CLSmicr; font size 10.0, line spacing 10.0, kerning 0.0, left & top aligned.

With the font size of 10.0 and kerning 0.0 each MICR character is 9.0 points wide. I believe that is the width of each of the micr line boxes you refer to.

Attached is a screen shot from an EnterpriseOne project showing the Text object for the micr line. If you're using the non-E1 version of Create!form the same guidelines apply.

Karen.

Hi Mali. As Karen mentioned, the "out of the box" settings for the MICR font should normally work fine. We have noticed more of our clients having issues getting the MICR to pass in the last 6 - 12 months ... not sure if the banks up here are tightening their standards. For the paper, odds are that you would need new cheque stock, as the layout and needs for the back of the cheques have changed (in addition to the front of the cheque). For the report itself, if you wanted to send a copy of it to me I can review it and give you my feedback.

Back