Kay_s75

Hello all,

I have a question about the tool release 8.97. I'll update my Enterprise One from 8.96.3 to 8.97.1.
I updated my Deployment server from 8.97.3 to 8.97.1 by downloading 89710_06_99.par
I updated my platform pack server from 8.97.3 to 8.97.1 by downloading 897E10_06_50.par

I can't find the update for my web server. My prior version for the web server is 8.96.3 OJAS. I couldn’t find on the update center 8.97.1 OJAS. I found 8.97.1 JAS but this is not right update for my Enterprise One.
Could you please help me with this issue? I’ll know which update I need for my Web Server to getting the right release 8.97.1.

Kind regards,
Kay

Kay,

with the introduction of 8.97 you now have to use server manager to apply tools releases to your enterprise.

Because of this there is no longer a distinction between OAS and Websphere for the web server nor platform.

You also have to upgrade your web server software to apply the 8.97 as well.

If you do not know about Server manager yet or used it then I would suggest that you do some more research.

The new installation of OAS you need to do your self and then register the server with Server Manager and then deploy / install the html server code from Server Manager to the web server. Load balancing, etc is different in OAS 10.1.3.1o as well.

Kay,

The name of the update you are looking for is 897J10:

897J10 8.97.1.0 JAS Multi-Platform

If you try to find it using the update center instead of the Change Assistant you will need to put 897J10* in the "Search for" field and choose "Multiplatform" for the platform selection.

Now that Server Manager is used to deploy the JAS there is only one JAS package. The same package is used to install into WebSphere or OAS.

It is often easier to find fixes via the Change Assistant than the Update Center. To search for the JAS package you would expand the change assistant tree as follows:

Search for Packages -> JD Edwards -> EnterpriseOne Tools Releases -> your platform (INTEL NT, AS400, etc.) -> 8.97 -> 8.97 JAS

A list of available JAS downloads will be displayed.

If you are just installing now you might consider 8.97.1.1 instead of 8.97.1.0 as it was released in mid-march and is the current release.

Hi Terry Duffy,
Thank you for you quick feedback. I updated my Platform Pack through Server Manager. I'll also upgrade my Oracle Application Server. My question is which tool release should I download for my Web Sever. I updated my Platform Pack and Deployment Server to 8.97.1. I didn't find the same Tool Release for my Web Sever. I couldn’t find Tool Release 8.97.1 OJAS for my web server. Of course after finding the right Tool Release, I'll run it through the Sever Manager. I saw on the Update Center 8.97.1 JAS. This is not right Tool Release for my Web Sever.

Regards,
Kay

kay,

there is now only 1 type of download for web servers now and that is 897J10 in your case.

They no longer distinguish between OAS (i.e 8.97.1 OJAS for OAS or 8.97.1 JAS for Websphere). It is all now just 89.7.1 JAS. Server manager takes control of the deployment in the manner the respective web servers require.

So if you have 8.97.1 JAS then you are OK

WSG is Web Services Gateway OR as I believe they are now calling it Business Services Server.

Back