Standalone Install Issue - 8.12 on Vista

bps

Hi folks, I have an issue installing standalone on a new vista machine. I installed (I very much think) to the letter of the law (including everything in the right order and all the copying .jar's and all that) but when I try to log in I get an error that security server cannot be found. I have attached my jde.log file in case anyong can help by lookinh at that. In that you will see it tries to find table JDESY812.dbo.F986101 - no such thing exists!

My gut tells me I have either a DB or ini issue so my questions are:
- is anyone running standalone on vista
- if so could they send me their jde.ini and jdbj.ini files
- and what databases do they have running on local SQL Server, I have:
JDECTL812
JDEData812
JDEDD812
JDEOL812
JDEVL812
SPEC_MASTER
(none of which have F986101 in them)

Thanks folks
Barry

Attachments

• 131809-jde.log.txt
    16.7 KB · Views: 1,070
Barry,
Just to make sure your are having Vista Business or Ultimate. As 8.12 does not run on Basic or Home premium.

Thanks,
Chan

Someone will, probably, step on me - but my understanding is that MSDE will
not run on any version of Vista. Since all current Standalones use MSDE -
I'm not sure that the Standalones can be installed on any version of Vista.
Simply going off what I've been told - not real world experience.

The most-widely used workaround - use VMWARE Server or VirtualPC 200x (both
are free) and create either a W2K or WXP Virtual Machine and install the
standalone there.

:)

(db)

--

According to the MTRs vista is supported (as of tools 8.97) - but you are correct that MSDE is no longer there - you now install SQL Server locally instead.
(fyi, we have no XP in my place of work - straight from Win2k to Vista!!)

[ QUOTE ]
fyi, we have no XP in my place of work - straight from Win2k to Vista!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh dear.

How did that transition go ? People throw themselves off buildings ? Secretaries sending the IT department hate mail ? Productivity for your company in the toilet ?

I hated Vista so much, I bought a mac. It was an easier transition...

smile.gif

Haha, transition only just starting now - I am testing out if things (e.g. standalone, then full 8.12) will work on vista on behalf of the JDE team. So after day two the transition is going about as well as the olympic torch relay :)
And as I am typing this at home just home - I am also on a mac :)

Hello, BPS!
As I see you are out of JDESY812 database in your SQL(MSDE) server
You may have database manager and attach JDESY812 - path should be something like \e812\demo\data and file JDEDEMOSY812.mdf and owner JDE
Then try again SetupOneWorldB9.exe and run standalone.
Hope, that will help

Regards, Yuri
JDE EOne Xe-8.12

What compiler did you install? Visual Studio 2005 by any chance? SP1 Vista Update?
Thank you,

Hi,
I've exactly the same issue on two XP stations.
I found that data .cab cabinet contains JDEDEMOSY.mdf and no JDESY.mdf.
I think that data installer can not copy this file and attach it MSDE.
The solution should be simplier if you use SQL Server because you can easyly attach the .mdf file as for my MSDE I must find a utility to do that.

Previously, I had the same problem in installing the Simplified Chinese version of standalone E8.12 with tools 8.97.

Now, I found the root cause and it was due to the missing parts in the package information file in the folder:

DataComponents-CHS\package_inf

The missing parts are all about JDEDEMOSY database. After I corrected this file and reinstalled software, it is working fine now.

You can check my attached document (highlighted the missing part) for reference. You can check if you had the same issue. It could help.

Attachments

• 132443-Schinese.inf.doc
    32 KB · Views: 278
Hi Barry,

You ever come right with your Vista issue with JDE. I managed to get it up and running - ran into the same issue - let me know and I will post what I have for you.

Thanks

Back